craft verb \'kraft\ to create with care, skill and intention



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gardening and Cleaning and Blogging - Oh My!

Hi friends! Today is the day for me to tell you about what I have planned for this space in March and the title says it all: gardening, cleaning, and blogging. The first day of spring is March 20th and I think I may have contracted a case of Spring Fever just a few weeks early. First, I have set a goal for myself to blog every weekday in March. For those keeping score, that's 23 posts compared to the, oh, 3-4 per month that I have managed so far. Oh my indeed!

But there's no point in writing here unless there is something worth writing about, right? So, here's what I have planned for the month:
  • Make it Monday! - Every Monday I'll feature something to make. Patterns, recipes, whatever. I'm hoping you'll share, too!
  • Toss it Tuesday! - Every Tuesday - starting today - I am going to go through my house and fill up this basket with stuff to toss out. De-cluttering will definitely make my world a better place!
  • Gardening! I'm so excited that it is time to think about gardening again! Two years ago, we had a great garden and then last year...nothin'. I was just too tired. Lame, I know. Anyway, I refuse to wallow in my lame-ness and this year I am gonna grow some stuff. Which means that it is time to start planning. So, that's what I'll be doing here this week. (Can I make a bold statement? Everyone, yes EVERYONE, should grow something to eat. You don't have to grow everything you eat, but you should grow something.)
  • Spring cleaning. (Note the lack of an exclamation point) Okay, I can't even pretend to get excited about this one. But it has to be done, so I want to make it as easy and fun as I can. Everyday, starting next week, I will feature a small task (think 15-20 minutes) that, by the end of the month, will add up to a lot of cleaning - about 6 hours worth! But instead of wasting spending an entire Saturday, I will knock it out one little, painless chunk at a time. Please, please, PLEASE join me in this! I don't mean to sound desperate, but you know, misery loves company the more, the merrier ;-)
  • Lots of embarrassing "before" pictures! Yes, it's true. To help motivate myself to complete the above cleaning tasks, I'm going to put pictures of my crazy closet and my out of control fridge right here for all the world to see. You know, if all the world were reading this. But you're reading this and that is embarrassing enough for me!
  • A giveaway! I will post more info on this as soon as I get it figured out. I had so much fun with the last one that I can't wait to do it again!
Today's gardening assignment: Make a list of what I want to plant this year. I'll work this up today and share it with you tomorrow. I hope you'll do this too!

Toss it Tuesday: I went through my house this morning and it took all of about 10 minutes to fill up the basket. Ugh! I couldn't believe how much stuff was laying around. Junk mail, school papers from the kids, some bags, just a lot of trash, really. Why? I have no idea! I have trash receptacles placed in appropriate areas around the house, but for some reason the dining room table and the kitchen/bathroom counter tops seem to attract this stuff as if through some strange magnetic force.

See you tomorrow!
~B

2 comments:

SarahinOK said...

I got some seeds at Ace Hardware (91st and Memorial) for .10 each! Nuts!

Brooke said...

Score! That's awesome!