craft verb \'kraft\ to create with care, skill and intention



Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Friday!

Greetings friends! Just a short post today because it's the last day of spring break and I am living it up with the fam today ;-) Everywhere I look there are little signs of spring!


Pansies look so soft and delicate, but they are so resilient! I planted these last fall and they made it through the winter. Do you know how they do it? What kills most flowers when the mercury dips below freezing is that the water in the plant's cells freezes, which means it expands, which bursts the cells. But pansies are a little smarter than your average petunia. When the weather gets cold, the plant directs it's water to the roots so where it will be insulated from freezing. Then, when the snow melts away, they wake up looking refreshed and gorgeous. Yeah, I know I'm a geek. After years of fighting it unsuccessfully, I'm just learning to embrace it ;-)

Another shot of my ornamental pear tree.
Oh, I do wish that this was the kind of pear tree that would actually grow pears...but it's hard to feel much disappointment in something so beautiful!

Have a great weekend!
~B

No comments: