So here's what ya do:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 7 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Here are 7 things about me:
1. I gag when I get really freaked out. I don't know why. I don't like it. But it's especially bad considering that...
2. ...crowds really freak me out. You can imagine the hilarity that ensues. I will have to tell you sometime about the time I went to Wal-Mart at 5:00 a.m. on Black Friday (for obvious reasons this is not a regular thing for me). That's definitely a story for another time, but I didn't have to wait in any long lines :)
3. I am a huge grammar geek. (That's not to say that my grammar is always correct.) I know the different parts of speech and I always got really excited in school when it was time to diagram sentences. I still get a little excited just thinking about it!
4. I do not like to shop. When I worked outside of the home and had to have decent clothes, I would visit the website of my favorite store, decide what I wanted, then go to the store and grab just those things. Now, I just wear the same two t-shirts and pants until The Hubs tells me it really is time to go get some new clothes. Then I go to Wal-Mart and buy two new t-shirts and pants. It's mostly because...
5. ...I am ridiculously cheap. I recently refused to buy a flowery clip for my hair because it was $2. Seriously. I came home, cut up an old t-shirt into strips, fashioned the strips into a rosette and wore that in my hair instead. I am not even kidding. I admit that it does seem a little silly when I see it typed out in black and white, but it seemed completely reasonable at the time. The Hubs wants me to include that I super-glued my glasses back together on an almost daily basis for well over a year because I was too cheap to go get new ones. I remind him
6. I love to listen to NPR. I am particularly fond of The Diane Rehm Show and Talk of the Nation (especially Science Friday). I actually have the call-in numbers for those shows (and for the White House, by the way) in the phone book on my cell phone and I have called them all before, but I've never gotten through. Well, I've gotten through at the White House...that number just goes to voicemail and you can leave the President a message. I don't know if he listens to it or not because he's never called me back or anything (Men!). But it is nice to know that there is a venue for you to share your thoughts. And I always have lots of thoughts. Which brings me to...
7. ...the best piece of advice I've ever gotten: "Maybe you just need to get over yourself a little bit." I know that sounds harsh, but it was delivered quite sweetly by a man whose only interest was to help me through a particularly rough patch in my life over 10 years ago. I've never forgotten it. I hear it in my head every single day. And I'm still working on it. I think I probably always will be.
So, now that we're BFF's I know you're dying to see who my 7 lucky peeps are!
Shelley of Crazy Wonderful - great crafts and family fun
Sarah of Unfamiliar Paths - faith, family, and adventures in sewing
Stephanie of Full of Great Ideas - the awesome-est thrifty projects you've ever seen!
Shauna of Shauna Henry Art - crazy cool mixed-media art
Bonnie of Pink Stitches - great sewing and crafts combined with family fun
Mattie and Tiffany, both of Mrs. Crafty Mama - lots of fun crafting
I hope you'll pop over to check out their fab blogs! Congrats to these 7 talented ladies!